Heading into bear country doesn't have to be scary! This handy, packable guide will show you preventive measures that can reduce your chances of coming across a bear and techniques that can minimize your risk of being injured. With Bear Aware you'll learn how to safely hike and camp in bear country, store food to keep campsites bear free, and handle close encounters. The book also offers special precautions for hunters, anglers, mountain bikers, trail runners, outfitters, photographers, vacationers, and cabin owners, and provides specific regulations for the national parks.
This guide contains advice on:
- Bear Mythology--Separating Fact from Fiction
- Hiking in Bear Country
- Camping in Bear Country
- Special Regulations in National Parks
- Special Precautions for Women
- Special Precautions for Hunters, Anglers and Outfitters, Mountain Bikers, and Photographers
- How to Handle Close Encounters
- Living or Vacationing in Bear Country
- Working in Bear Country
Instead of taking fear with you, take Bear Aware.