Essentials of River Kayaking – ACA Level 2 Course
Sunday July 26, 2020
$95 per participant
Are you looking to gain the foundational paddling skills confidently paddle your skirted river kayak in moving water? Join Great Miami Outfitters for our Essentials of River Kayaking!This course will building upon the skills you learned in Introduction to Kayaking Course and apply these new strokes to maneuvers in a river environment.
AGENDA FOR COURSE
Here are some of - but not limited to - the skills we will cover:
On Land Skills
• Identifying parts of a river
• Identifying classes of whitewater
On Water Skills
• Wet Exit with Spray Skirts
• Stroke Refinements for Forward Stroke, Forward Sweep, Out of Water Draw; Low Brace, High Brace, Bow Rescue, and River Maneuvers including Eddy Turns, Peel Outs, Ferries, C-Turns, and S-Turns
Rescues in Conditions
• Swimmer Recovery using a Kayak
• Swimmer Recovery using a Throw bag
Mad River at Eastwood MetroPark
Opened in 2013, the Mad River Run in Eastwood MetroPark not only improves public access to the river for recreational purposes, it also improves the aquatic habitat and safety characteristics of the Mad River.
Introduction to Kayaking – ACA Level 1
Quickstart your Kayak plus Rescue & Re-entry Basics Course
RENTAL OPTION FOR KAYAK & EQUIPMENT
• RENTAL equipment is also available on limited availability – READ MORE.
EQUIPMENT NEEDED FOR COURSE
• River Kayak
• Life Jacket and Whistles
• Neoprene Skirt
• Proper Paddling Apparel and Footwear
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in this trip. Please let us know if there are any issues.
• The participant must independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the trip description.
• The participant must be able to effectively communicate with the trip leader and other trip participants.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
Participants are responsible to know their own abilities and skills and are responsible for their own safety and comfort. Great Miami Outfitters will not make any such determination; however, we will be happy to answer your questions or concerns.Outdoor activities may require some strenuous exercise.
If you do not meet the requirements listed above, or if you have any questions, email us at email@example.com, or call the store at (937) 938-5009 and ask to be connected to program staff.