Compass On-the-Trail Skills Course
Wednesday July 18, 2018
6:00 to 7:30 PM
Looking to develop compass skills for a local trail? Or a backcountry backpacking trip? Join Great Miami Outfitters for the Compass On-Trail Course to gain foundational “on-trail” compass skills! Use this opportunity to introduce yourself to or refresh your compass skills in a hands on learning environment.
This course contains the following skills:
• Measuring Distances on Map
• Reading a trail map
• Reading a compass in the field
• Taking a compass bearing in the field
• Following a compass bearing in the field
Centerville-Washington Park District
For more information aboutPelbrook Park >>
Wednesday, July 18, 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Less than 1 mile of hiking
$15 for each participant
(Rewards Members - this purchase goes towards your rewards points)
All fees include a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total fee.
Read our Cancellation & Refund Policy before registering.
Recommended age of 14 years or older.
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in this trip.
Please let us know if there are any issues.
• The participant must independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the trip description.
• The participant must be able to effectively communicate with the trip leader and other trip participants.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
Participants are responsible to know their own abilities and skills and are responsible for their own safety and comfort. Great Miami Outfitters will not make any such determination; however, we will be happy to answer your questions or concerns. Outdoor activities may require some strenuous exercise.
If you do not meet the requirements listed above, or if you have any questions, email us at email@example.com, or call the store at (937) 938-5009 and ask to be connected to a trip leader.