Backpacking On-Trail Skills Course
Friday June 29, 2018
6:00 to 8:00 PM
Join us for 2 hours on a fun evening course hiking and participating in multiple hands-on outdoor skills clinics including:
• Water Treatment – Filtering and Purifying
• Proper Campsite Set Up
• Backcountry Cooking – Backcountry Stoves & Camp Kitchen Set Up
• Food Storage – Food Bag Hanging
• Backcountry Hygiene – Sanitation & Taking Care of Business
• Leave No Trace Principles
Grant Nature Park
Grant Park is a 189-acre natural area. Trails in the park lead along creeks and through meadow, forest, prairie and wetland habitats. The hiking trails are of varying difficulty; some follow ridgelines or bottomlands, while others climb fairly steep hills.
Friday, June 29, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
2 miles of hiking
$15 for each participant
(Rewards Members - this purchase goes towards your rewards points)
All fees include a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total fee.
Read our Cancellation & Refund Policy before registering.
Recommended age of 14 years or older.
ESSENTIAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
The following requirements must be met in order to participate in this trip.
Please let us know if there are any issues.
• The participant must independently participate in all individual skills and activities listed in the trip description.
• The participant must be able to effectively communicate with the trip leader and other trip participants.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal care independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
• The participant must be able to manage all personal mobility independently, or with the assistance of a companion.
Participants are responsible to know their own abilities and skills and are responsible for their own safety and comfort. Great Miami Outfitters will not make any such determination; however, we will be happy to answer your questions or concerns.Outdoor activities may require some strenuous exercise.
If you do not meet the requirements listed above, or if you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the store at (937) 938-5009 and ask to be connected to a trip leader.